We wish all the BIBS community a very happy holiday and winter break. We look forward to seeing you all in a brand new 2019. Enjoy your time with family and friends and safe travels everyone!
Upper East Side Campus
Winter Holiday– We wish all the BIBS UES community a happy holiday; we wish you a Merry Christmas if this is an event/festival you celebrate. We wish everyone a Happy New Year, and look forward to seeing you all in 2019. Enjoy time with family and friends, and travel safely.
Farewell– We say farewell to students and their families who are leaving us at the end of this semester. To the students, we wish you all the best for your future studies at your new schools. We hope that you have enjoyed your time at BIBS and leave us as a stronger internationally-minded person.
Grade 3 Field Trip– On the 7th-11th January, G3 will be going on a fieldtrip, one class each day to see the small glass works and the Silver Mountain pagoda forest. Please be reminded that this is immediately after the Winter Break. Please remember the classes are going on different days: Monday-3C, Tuesday-3B, Wednesday-3A, Thursday-3E and Friday-3D.
Season for Generosity and Giving–
- We are now able to share that all the activities in the Movember month- which finished with a staff ‘pub quiz’ totally raised 31,698RMB for the Dew Drops Charity.
- The Art Auction raised a grand total of 42,752RMB for the Project CANDY charity.
- For the new UES STEAM classroom we received a huge donation of LEGO- 40.78Kg. The grade that donated the most was G5, and they celebrated on Thursday by getting free popcorn made by the G5 Student Council. Thanks to everyone for your support and generosity to all these events and charities.
Lost & Found– Please, please, please have your child look in the lost and found for any of their personal items. We have so many snack containers, Water Bottles and PE jackets waiting for their owners to reclaim them. We will clean this all out at the beginning of Semester Two.
Upcoming UES Dates & Events:
- 22nd December-6th January- Winter Holidays
- 7th January 2019- Classes Resume
- 1st February 2019- Spring Festival Holidays begin
- 18th February 2019- Classes Resume
- 19 th-20th February 2019- Grade 3, 4 & 5 ISA practice tests ( International Schools Assessment)
- 25th-27th February 2019- Grade 3, 4 & 5 ISA ACTUAL tests ( International Schools Assessment)
- And….. 28th March (Thursday) UES Spring Show
Merry Christmas and a Happy Winter Break:On behalf of all the MSHS staff we would like to wish our students and parents a happy holiday. We hope you enjoy the extra family time and come back refreshed in the new year.
Dream Time:Thank you to all the parents who came to support the dream time project presentations. It was get to see that inquiry, creativity and innovation is being developed and put into action through the MYP Programme.
Parent conferences:After academic reports are made available on managebac on the 11th of January, parents will be invited to register for a parent teacher conference with any of your child’s subject teachers that you wish to see. You will also be able to drop in on personal tutors, based on their availability, or make a separate appointment with personal tutors for the week of the 28th– 31st January.
- 20th December – 6th January – Winter Holiday
7th January – First day of school after the Winter Holiday
9th January – MYP & DP Coordinator Coffee Talk – Assessment & Reporting
- 11th January – MSHS Reports issued on Managebac
18th January – Parent Teacher Conferences
21st – 24th January – Chinese culture week
- 28th January – G10 Personal Project Exhibition
- 28th – 31st January 3:45-4:45 – Personal Tutor Meetings (no CCA or YES program)
- 31st January – Last day of school before Chinese New Year/Spring Festival Break
Although this has been a short week at school the lead up to it was packed with fun and excitement. Following fast on the heels of four BIK performances at the BIBS Shunyi campus there was the Winter Bazaar and the Beanstalk Staff Christmas Party.
On Monday the Elementary School (ES) had their Winter Concert. This was an opportunity for ES to come together as a family; students, staff and parents, for them to relax and enjoy the many performances by the students, and for them to receive awards and to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
On Tuesday the Grade Two students visited the Chinese Culture museum to help them reflect on their learning and to assist them in drawing conclusions about the importance of cultures from around the World.
Grade One B were treated to a visit to the trampoline park on Tuesday as well to celebrate their learning thus far and to get to know each other better outside of school.
As this short week draws to a close I would like to thank all the wonderful staff at the BIBS Shunyi campus for their support of the ES endeavours this year. Without your dedication and passion for your chosen vocations in life our students would not have such wonderful learning opportunities. Furthermore, I wish to thank our PTA and the ES parents as a whole for their ideas on how to improve our campus and their words of encouragement as we move forward to a brighter future for all. Thank you one and all for your continued ‘giving’ which is the essence of this time of the year.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
BIBS Shunyi Campus.
Dates for your diary;
- January 7th Students return to school.
- January 11th report cards issued via Managebac.
- January 16th ES Open House for new parents for 2019-20.
- January 18th Parent teacher conferences.
- January 21st to 25th Global Citizen/International Mindedness Week.
- January 24th Chinese New Year Event.
- January 28th to 30th ES Personal Tutor Meetings
- January 28th to 31st ES Chinese Culture Week.
BIBS Shunyi ES Team.
BIBS Co-curriculum Department
We wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
1: YES Program:The week of the 7th -11th January,2019 will be the last week for Session 1. The preparations are underway for Session 2 and students are encouraged to register after 14th January. Session 2 will begin on 25th February.
2: CCA:CCA will resume on 8th January and continue until 25th January.
3: USAP/USAD:The first stage of training has been completed. Please continue to prepare for the competition during the holiday and keep an eye out for the notice in the Wechat Group.
- December 22-24th USAP online competition practice;
- January 4th (9:00am-12:00pm) USAD Official online competition
- January 8th (9:00am -12:00pm) USAP Official online competition
The second stage of training will be held from January 7th to 25th.
SEMESTER 1 STUDENT REPORTS:Student reports have been sent home this week. Parents are encouraged to take the time to discuss the report with their child and encourage them to focus on the areas of success and also the areas that need to improve.
PARENT/TEACHER CONVERSATION:Parents are reminded again that there will be a set of individual parent/teacher conversations during the week of January 14-18 to review the semester 1 report, reflect on the past achievements in semester 1 and most importantly look forward into the semester 2. Short appointments during this week for times between 1:10-4:30pm can be made directly with the class teacher.
CHINESE EXAMINATIONS:This week, on Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th, all students participated in Chinese Examinations. Teachers have reported they are pleased with how the students participated in these examinations.
CHARITY GIVING TREES:We wish to thank all families who gave a gift this year and participated in the “charity giving trees” project. The gifts will be given to the children in the Migrant Worker’s School.
TECHNOLOGY SURVEY:Thank you to all parents in Grades 3-5 who participated in the technology survey this week. The results of this survey will be used to determine the levels of interest and capacity to operate a Bring Your Own Device at the school. Results will be advised to all parents after the Winter Holiday.
WINTER HOLIDAYS:At this time of the year, I trust that all of our families are able to enjoy some quality time together, reflect on the wonderful things of life and enjoy a peaceful rest. If you are travelling, stay safe and enjoy the break. All students and staff will return after the Winter holiday on January 7 at the usual school start time. The Principal and staff wish all families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We will see you all in a few weeks.